Find the answers to your utility billing questions in the links below. Visit our online bill pay page to make payment online.
NOTICE: The software company we have partnered with to provide this service currently has a bug in its software that renders the software incompatible with Internet Explorer 10. In order to get the program to work in Internet Explorer 10, you must switch to compatibility mode. We are unaware of any similar issues with other browsers. As always, let us know if you encounter any difficulties.
Welcome to Logan! We are happy to have you with us. We hope you will enjoy Logan's city services and quality of life.
To obtain utility services from Logan City, local customers must come to the utility billing office and fill out a service request form. If you are unable to come to the office, then you may fill out the Sign Up Forms and fax them to us, or you may call our office at (435) 716-9208 if you have any questions.
You will need to bring the following to our office:
- Drivers License or picture identification card.
- Three references (relative must be one if available) with name, address and phone number.
Security Deposit (required). Deposit may be waived if you provide a 12-month credit reference
from a previous utility provider. The reference must show no late payments or bounced checks
over the most recently completed twelve month period. Good credit with Logan City may be
Residential security deposit is $100.00.
Commercial deposit varies.
Services can be ended and disconnected over the phone or in person. You must provide a forwarding address and phone number.
Once a request has been submitted to disconnect services, we will order a final meter reading. This reading will be obtained within three (3) business days of the service request. A final bill will be generated based upon this final read. The security deposit will cover any amount owing up to the amount of the security deposit. Any additional amount owing will be billed to you at your forwarding address. Credits or amount owed to you will have a check cut and mailed within 3-4 weeks after the disconnect date.
You will receive a bill once a month at approximately the same time each month according to where you live. We offer many convenient ways to pay your bill. You may mail your payment in the self-addressed envelope included with your bill, make your payment at our office or put it in the drop box in the parking lot south of City Hall. Payments are due within 20 days of the billing date. Our physical address and mailing address is 290 N 100 W, Logan, UT 84321.
It is your responsibility to see that your bill is paid on time. If you do not pay your bill by the due date, you might receive a reminder from the Utility Billing office before your utilities are disconnected. There is a fee of at least $44 to disconnect & reconnect utilities. If you cannot pay your bill by the due date, your best option is to contact the Utility Billing office before the bill is due and a payment arrangement may be possible. This kind of arrangement would allow you to retain utilities service while making payments on your late bill.
No more seasonal surprises! The Utility Billing Budget Plan lets you:
- Pay the same amount every month throughout the year.
- Make payments based on an average of your previous year's electric usage.
- See your actual usage each month on your bill.
You must have had service with Logan City for at least one year with no late payments to qualify for this service. Now is the time to enroll. Come into our office to sign up or call (435) 716-9208.
It is now possible to pay your bill with your credit card. Any Logan City services may be charged to your Visa, or Master Card up to $3,000 per transaction. You may come into our office or call (435) 716-9208 or pay online.
Service may be disconnected for the following reasons:
- Failure to pay or make arrangements on a past-due balance.
- Nonpayment of a required deposit.
- Failure to comply with the terms of a payment arrangement.
- Violation of the utility's service policies.
If service has been disconnected, it is illegal for customers to reconnect it. Offenders will be prosecuted and assessed a fee. Service that has been disconnected for nonpayment or violation of service policies will not be restored until the situation has been resolved. An additional deposit may be required to restore service.
Come in or call our office at (435) 716-9208 to discuss reconnection of service.
Logan City's low-income customers may have access to financial assistance.
- HEAT program is administered by Bear River Association of Governments (BRAG). The HEAT program is available from November to March each year. Come into our office or call BRAG directly for more information on this program. Call early because funds may be limited.
- BRAG may have other funds available to those who qualify.
- BRAG's address is 170 North Main, Logan, Utah 84321
- BRAG's phone number is (435) 752-7242.
Please let us know if you have qualified for assistance by calling us at (435) 716-9205.
If you or a member of your family has a serious health condition, you may ask your current health care professional to provide a letter on the physician's letterhead stating the medical condition and whether electricity is mandatory. The health care professional must FAX this letter directly to us at (435) 716-9201. It will also be necessary for you to provide battery backup information to us. A medical certificate will allow us to be aware of your circumstances in the event of a power outage. We will make every attempt to notify you if your power is to be disconnected.
If you receive a bill and are unable to pay all of it on time, please call us at (435) 716-9205. If you qualify, you may be able to make payment arrangements with us.
Utility Service rates are based on the cost of providing services.
Electricity is charged on consumption. A kilowatt hour is one thousand watts used for one hour. For example, you use one kilowatt hour when you turn on one 100-watt light bulb for ten hours.
Water and Sewer are charged both a flat rate to provide service to the property and a consumption rate for the amount you use.
Garbage is charged a flat rate. Additional charges may apply if you require special pick up or handling.
For more rate information, please call (435) 716-9208 or send your request via e-mail:
You may click this link to Logan Light & Power.
Our friendly customer service clerks are happy to assist you.
If your payment is returned to us as unpaid, we may assess a returned payment charge. The payment may be charged back onto your utility account and services may be disconnected. Please call us at (435) 716-9205 as soon as possible.
Utility Billing Security Guidelines
Currently there is a scam aimed at Logan City utilities customers where the scammer calls and says they are from the utilities company and that a payment is required immediately to avoid being shut off. Please follow these guidelines to protect your identity and your private information.
- Logan City Utility Billing seldom contacts you by phone. Your utility bill is sent through the mail and notice of late payments on your utilities account comes as a postcard through the mail. If we shut off your electricity we will leave notice on your electric meter or doorknob.
- If we call you, ask us your utilities account number, the date and amount of your last utilities payment, the date you signed up for utilities service, or the names of your utilities references. We can provide this information, but a scammer cannot.
- Don’t ever give your private information over the phone unless you can verify their identity and you trust them. Private information includes your name, birthday, address, driver’s license number, social security number, credit card number, bank account number, online account username and password, etc.
- Never send your private information by email. Email is not usually a secure source of communication. Consider using another method of communication, such as fax or the United States Postal Service.
- Instead of paying over the phone, pay your bill online, by mail, or come to our office in person. Our address is 290 North 100 West in Logan. Our hours are 8:00am through 5:00pm Monday through Friday, except holidays.
- If you have questions about your utilities account, call Logan City Utility Billing at (435) 716-9208. If you have questions about your Logan City garbage account, call (435) 716-9768.
If you think you have been scammed, call the Logan City Police Department right away. Their phone number is (435) 753-7555 or call 911 if it is an emergency.
Q: If I haven't received my bill what should I do?
A: Call the utility billing office (435) 716-9208, Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
Q: What if I need to contact the utility billing office after hours?
A: Call the utility billing office (435) 716-9090.
Q: On my bill I see a fee for sewer collection and sewer treatment. Am I being billed twice?
A: No, they are two separate services. Sewer collections transports the waste water from your service location to the sewer ponds west of the City. Sewer treatment cleans the waste water.
Q: There is more than one line for electricity charges on my utility bill. Am I being double charged?
A: No, the electricity rate is tiered. See the rate schedule for electricity rates.
Q: There are two lines for water charges on my bill. Is this correct?
A: Yes, the water rate has two pieces: a fixed rate portion and a portion based on the amount of water used. See rate schedule for water rates.
Q: What is the franchise fee?
A: It is a fee charged by the City on water, sewer, electric, and garbage services. This fee supports general City services such as police, fire, and public works.
Q: Why is my bill so high? Has there been a rate increase recently?
A: There was a rate increase on July 1, 2012. For the typical residential customer here is the breakdown.
|Old Rate||New Rate||Change|
|Sewer Collection Base||$8.87||$12.87||$4.00|
|Storm Water Fee||$4.50||$5.50||$1.00|
For commercial customers and non-typical residential customers the rates may be different. Please see the rate schedule or contact the utility billing office at (435) 716-9208 if you have questions.
If your bill has gone up by more than $7.00/month since July 1, the increase is caused by increased electricity and/or water usage. The summer of 2011 was cooler and wetter than normal, and the summer of 2012 was warmer and dryer than normal, so increased usage in 2012 should be expected.
Q: How can I decrease the amount of my utility bill?
A: Here are some ideas on how you can lower the amount of your utility bill: Utility Cost Saving Ideas.
Q: If I can't pay my bill by the due date, what can I do to avoid having my power shut off?
A: Call the utility billing office at (435) 716-9205. You may be eligible for a payment arrangement that will extend the due date of the bill.
Q: How does my electricity usage compare to others in my neighborhood?
A: Click here and follow the directions to find out.
Logan City Summary Rate Schedule
This Summary Rate Schedule is a summary of the rate information for the city. It does not include all rate information. For the full rate schedule, contact the City Recorder, (435) 716-9012.