Earth Day celebrates our wonderful planet and reminds us that it is everyone's responsibility to care for our Earth. In the US, people hold it on April 22. Many celebrate Earth Week from April 16 through April 22.
Here are some ideas for projects and activities that celebrate Earth Day!
- Make A Difference Guide Examples of student projects prepared by the US EPA
- Earth Day Every Day with Planet Pals Extensive list of projects and activities to celebrate Earth Day posted by Planet Pals. (Has commercial links)
- EPA Earth Day All about Earth Day from the EPA
- Earth's Birthday Activities Project and lesson ideas sponsored by Earth's Birthday, a group funded by a number of environmental groups.
- UEN Explore a Pond Visit a pond for Earth Day. (Utah Education Network)
- Lorax Save the Trees Dr. Seuss celebrates Earth Day with an interactive game (Requires Shockwave)
- Create a Backyard Garden for Wildlife An Earth Day activity that endures prepared by the National Wildlife Federation
- FamilyEducation Earth Day Suggestions Ways to conserve, activities, and tips to "go green," sponsored by FamilyEducation.com
- Recycling Symbol Information about the history of recycle symbols as well as information on plastic resins.