How Can I Help?
The Street Division relies on the cooperation of Logan citizens to make our work a success. Below you will find a list of things that you can do to help keep Logan streets both beautiful and functional.
Keep gutters free of debris. Periodically clean the gutter in front of your house. This not only increases the beauty of your street, but the waste accumulates and plugs storm drains which causes flooding.
It is residents' responsibility to keep their drive bridge over the gutter clear of debris so water can flow freely through the gutter. Keeping the gutter clear of debris will prevent your drive bridge from getting plugged.
Keep hazardous liquids like motor oil out of the gutters. It flows into the storm water, which costs time and money to clean, and eventually reaches the source of the drinking water that flows from the tap in your home. For more information about where our storm water flows visit the Storm Water Home page. To report hazardous material in the storm water system call 435-716-9167.
- During Leaf Cleanup in the fall and Spring Cleanup, please do not park on the street if possible so that we are able to see the waste and it is accessible for our equipment to pickup.
During winter months:
- Please do not park your vehicle on the street so that snowplows are able to plow your street. It is against Logan City ordinance 10.52.170 to park a vehicle on any street or city owned parking lot between the hours of 1:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. from November 15 through the last day of February.
- Please do not put your garbage and recycling cans out until the morning of your collection day, and remove them from the street that evening. Keeping the road clear of vehicles and garbage cans will help our operators clear the entire roadway, which is crucial in preventing snow and ice buildup.
- Be Nice, clear the snow and ice!
- All owners and occupant of Logan City are required to maintain public sidewalks and bus stops adjacent to their respective lots in a safe condition for travel, requiring prompt removal of snow, ice, sleet, and other obstructions as necessary.
- Shovel the public sidewalk on all sides of your property, the full width of the sidewalk down to the bare pavement.
- If you have a corner property, clear curb cuts at the corners (radius corners) and crosswalks to the street gutter.
- Pile snow into your yard and park strip. It is against Logan City ordinance to shovel snow into the street.
- Are there neighbors on your street who are elderly, disabled, or may have a hard time shoveling for any reason? Work with your neighbors to ensure your entire block is safe and accessible.
- Arrange for someone to shovel while you are on vacation.
- For information about Neighborhood Improvement's Code Enforcement or to report treacherous sidewalk call (435) 716-9025 or visit Community Development.
During Chip and Seal, please do not park on your street for a 48-hour period while we are working there. Also, please make sure your sprinklers do not water any part of the street during that 48-hour period. Please do not turn sharply or spin your tires on the new road surface.
Notify Charon Sprague at 435-716-9642 or by e-mail: email@example.com, if you notice damaged or missing street signs, potholes in the road, hazardous sidewalk, or any other problems.