Library/Community Center Director
Salary: $90,000 to $113,000, commensurate with experience
Location: Logan, UT
Job Type: Full-time
Closing Date: June 2, 2017
Ongoing: Plan, coordinate, and manage the programs, services, and activities of the Logan City Library/Community Center, including developing and implementing policies and procedures; interfacing with the Library Board and Mayor; developing and monitoring the budget; hiring training and supervising the library staff; preparing grant requests; managing the library physical facility; and other library tasks.
One-Time: work with the Library Board, Mayor, architects, builders, and citizens to plan and construct a new library/community center for Logan City.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND CHARACTERISTICS:
* Knowledge of the principles and practices of municipal library administration, including collection development, budgeting, employee training, implementing and evaluation procedure and supervision of library staff.
* Knowledge of resource materials and techniques to facilitate effective management of municipal library collections.
* Knowledge of state-of-the-art information technology applicable to Library programs and services.
* Excellent interpersonal and time-management skills.
* Skill in evaluating collections, determining the reference/general reading needs of the community, organizing special collections, and managing municipal library functions.
* Skill in understanding the informational, cultural, recreational, and educational needs of the community and in providing for those needs by developing and maintaining effective library programs and services.
* Knowledge of library trends and options sufficient to provide critical guidance to the City during the process of designing building, and opening a 21st Century library/community center.
1. Master's Degree in Library Science or a closely related area; and
2. Experience equivalent to six years of full-time supervisory/managerial library work.
Essential functions, as determined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the above tasks, knowledge, and other characteristics. This list of tasks is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions of this class. The approved class specifications are not intended to and do not infer or create any employment, compensation, or contract rights to any person(s). This updated job description supersedes prior descriptions for the same position. Management reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
Contact : TO APPLY, PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING by Friday, June 2, 2017:
1. Letter of interest
3. Name and contact information of three references
TO: Greg Cox, Human Resources Director, Logan City, 290 North 100 West, Logan, Utah 84321 or Email: email@example.com. Questions call 435-716-9046.
Deadline for Applying : Jun 2, 2017