The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by _RECORDID in Descending Order within category
2020 Building Permit Monthly Reports12 documents
2019 Building Permit Monthly Reports12 documents
2018 Building Permit Monthly Reports12 documents
2017 Building Permit Monthly Reports12 documents
2016 Building Permit Monthly Reports12 documents
2015 Building Permit Monthly Reports12 documents
Code Requirements & Guides26 documents
- Land Disturbance Guide Land Disturbance reqirements and guidelines as laid out by the Storm Water Divison.
- Residential Carport, Deck Cover, Patio Cover Information on permits, codes, plan submission, and framing details.
- Shed & Detached Garage Guide Details on setback requirements, maximum heights, and application information.
- Emergency Escape & Window Openings Minimum window dimensions and specifications for residential buildings.
- Current Building Codes & Design Review Requirements This document shows the codes and design requirements for Logan City.
- Twin-Home Fire Walls Information on fire separation walls between residential units/buildings and exceptions.
- Thermal Envelope Requirements IRC building thermal envelope requirements and State amendments
- Residential Handrails Details on residential handrail height, width, and grip size.
- Residential Stair Sections Residential stair information and State amendments to stair height, tread, and handrails.
- Rock Retaining Walls Information and specifications for rock retaining walls.
- Power to Panel Requirements Inspections and approvals that are required prior to any clearance to the Light & Power Department for a power to panel.
- Energy Efficiency Details on different methods of compliance to today's strict energy efficiency standards.
- Empirical Foundation Walls Utah State amendments for foundation wall specifications and requirements.
- Cold Weather Concrete Placement Directions and requirements on concrete placement during cold weather.
- What Inspections are Required for Residential Permits? This document states when inspections are needed and what is looked at on each inspection.
- When is a Residential Building Permit Required? A list of when residential building permits are required.
- What Inspections are Required for Commercial Permits? This document describes when an inspection is needed on commercial jobs.
- Why is a Permit Required? Details on why permits are required and beneficial to you as a home owner.
Mobile Home Guides & Information2 documents
Demolition Guides & Information6 documents
- Lead-Safe Certification Guide A guide to choosing the right contractor to remove lead-based paint.
- The Lead-Safe Certified Guide to Renovate Right Lead-hazard information for renovation, repair, and painting activities presented by the EPA.
- Lead-Based Paint Guide What you need to know about lead-based paint, renovation, repair, and painting rules.
- Utah Division of Air Quality Asbestos Application How to apply for a 10-day asbestos notification application with the Utah Department of Air Quality.
- Demolition - Information from Utah Department of Environmental Quality.pdf How to comply with Utah Demolition requirements.
- Renovation or Demolition? What you need to know before you start - Utah Division of Air Quality
- Residential Underground Electrical Service Checklist.pdf Trenching, conduit, transformer specifications, and other Light & Power residential requirements.
- Residential Plan Review Checklist The following plan review items are required with an application in order to submit for a residential building permit.
- Building Requirements for a Business License Information for building requirements when a Business License inspection is required.
- Special Inspection Guidelines Information and requirements for Special Inspectors for commercial buildings.
- Gas Piping Checklist Use this checklist for gas piping installation and venting information.
- Residential Requirements for Certificate of Occupancy (Blue Card) Each section must be signed off COMPLETELY (including Planning & Zoning and Public Works) before a Certificate of Occupancy will be issued.
- Commercial Reroof Requirements Requirements and State of Utah code amendments for parapet bracing.
- Commercial Requirements for Certificate of Occupancy (Gold Card) Each section must be signed off before a Certificate of Occupancy will be issued.
- Commercial Plan Submittal Checklist The following plan review items are required with an application at the time of submittal in order to submit for a commercial building permit.
Sample Drawings7 documents
- Wall Section Detail A sample drawing of details to include on a wall section detail for new construction or wall remodels.
- Two Story Wall Section - Slab on Grade Construction A sample drawing of details to include on a two story wall sections (with slab on grade construction).
- Stepped Foundation/Pony Wall Section A sample drawing of details to include on stepped foundation/pony wall section details.
- Brick Wall Section - Slab on Grade Construction A sample drawing of details to include on a brick wall section detail (with slab on grade construction).
- Garage Wall Section A sample drawing of wall details to be included on garage plans.
- Bearing Wall A sample drawing of details to include on a plan including a bearing wall.
- Basic Site Plan A sample drawing of what should be included on a site plan for new construction.