Business License


Main Office: 435-716-9230
Additional Contact Info

Monday - Friday
8:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.

Logan City Hall
290 N 100 W
Logan, UT 84321

Landlord Business Licensing


If you own one or more rental dwellings in Logan, you will be required a separate landlord business license for each ownership entity (i.e. LLC, sole proprietorship, corporation, trust). Each rental dwelling shall meet the zoning and building code requirements for installation, maintenance, and operation in effect at the time the rental dwelling was legally permitted. 
Application – a separate application is required for each ownership entity 
Addendum – if the ownership entity has more than three properties, you will need this 
Amendment – to add or remove properties or change owner or agent contact information  

License exception: A business license shall not be required for a dwelling unit which is ordinarily owner 
occupied but is temporarily rented because the owner is placed in a hospital, nursing home, assisted 
living facility or other similar facilities, or the owner has a bona fide, the temporary absence of three (3) years or less for activities such as temporary job assignments, sabbaticals, or voluntary service. Indefinite periods 
of absence from the dwelling shall not qualify for this exception. 

Business Licensing is governed by Title 5 of the Municipal Code.

Occupancy Limitations
Occupancy limits are regulated by the Logan Land Development Code, but in general are three unrelated individuals or a family (related by blood, marriage, or adoption) per legal dwelling unit. The exclusion is Campus Residential (CR) zone, which allows six unrelated individuals, two per bedroom.  Owners or agents shall provide to the lessee of any residential property that the owner or agent leases,  information regarding the zoning district in which the property is located and the applicable occupancy limitations contained in the Logan land development code. It shall be unlawful for any person to lease or sublease any rental dwelling without first providing to the lessee or sublessee notice of the occupancy limits in the zone in which the property is located pursuant to the Logan Land Development Code. The notice shall either be contained in the written lease or shall be on a zoning occupancy disclosure form provided by the director and signed by the owner or agent and each lessee. All current zoning occupancy disclosure forms and leases for the property shall be maintained by the owner or agent. 

Owners and agents shall provide a written lease containing tenant information or a zoning occupancy disclosure
form within seven (7) days of a request by a city code official or police officer investigating any 
code violation. 
Occupancy Disclosure Form

Property Owner to Deliver Possession of Dwelling Unit 
At the commencement of any rental of a unit, the property owner shall provide to the tenant: a written summary of Chapter 15.25 and the state law dealing with residential renter's deposits. Tenant-Landlord Summary-Ordinance Along with an inventory of the condition of the premises and all appliances and furnishings and a copy of  the lease or rental agreement and rules and regulations, if written, In addition, to any current notice by any utility provider to the property owner to terminate water, gas, electrical, or other utility service to the dwelling unit; the proposed date of termination; and any current uncorrected deficiency list or notice from any government entity. Those rental dwellings that are not eligible for licensing based on grandfathered (non-conforming) status will be required to apply for grandfathered status. Each rental dwelling shall meet the zoning and building code requirements for installation, maintenance, and operation in effect at the time the rental dwelling was legally permitted.