What can be recycled?
If you have specific questions about what can and cannot be placed in your blue curbside recycling container, please call 435-716-9755 or email Emily. We are more than happy to help answer your question. Often, there are alternate locations to take items that cannot be placed in your blue can for recycling.
These items are ACCEPTED for recycling - DO NOT BAG YOUR RECYCLING:
- Mixed paper
- Phone Books
- Magazines/ Catalogs (staples okay)
- Junk mail (no credit cards, please open mail before recycling)
- Paperboard (example: cereal boxes)
- Aluminum cans (soda cans)
- Tin/steel cans (example: canned tomatoes or soup)
- Any small metal (such as metal hangers)
- Plastic containers with a recycle symbol #1 & #2 (click on the link to learn more about what the symbols on plastics mean). Remove lids. No unmarked plastics or plastics #3-7 PLEASE NO BAGS OR STYROFOAM OF ANY KIND.
These items are NOT ACCEPTED for recycling in your blue container:
- Plastics #3-7, unmarked plastics, plastic bags, plastic lids, or styrofoam
- Glass (we have drop site locations for recycling)
- Pizza boxes (if they are greasy - pizza boxes without grease can be torn in half and recycled)
- Frozen food containers that have the food embedded in the container
- Yard Waste
- Foil wrapping paper or ribbons
- Paper Plate, napkins, tissues
- Potato chip bags
- Pet food bags
- Shredded paper
- Waxy milk containers
- Juice boxes or other aseptic packaging
- Any container that once held motor oil
- Hardcover books or spiral bound books
- Aluminum foil or foil pans
- Wrapping Paper or tissue
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS? Email us!
Please cut down cardboard boxes so that they fit inside your can and come out easily when emptied and please also remember to rinse any food containers (milk jugs, soup cans, yogurt containers, etc.)
Brochures are available in our office or you can print this recycling handout.