Recycling is collected every other week on the same day your garbage is collected. Here is the recycling calendar. We also have a service available to send you email and/or text reminders when it is your recycling day. Please click here to sign up for that service: Recycling Reminders.
Recycling service costs $3.00/month and is paid for on your utility bill with your garbage service. This service is not optional. If you need extra recycling service, you can have multiple blue recycling containers. Each extra blue recycling container is an additional $3.00/month. Simply call our office at (435) 716-9755 to sign up for extra recycling service.
These items are ACCEPTED for recycling:
- Mixed paper
- Phone Books
- Magazines/ Catalogs (staples okay)
- Junk mail
- Wrapping paper
- Paperboard (cereal boxes)
- Aluminum cans (coca cola)
- Tin/steel cans (chili cans)
- Any small metal (such as metal hangers)
- Plastic with a recycle symbol #1 - # 7, unless it is a plastic bag or Styrofoam
- Cell phones (in a zip lock baggie)
- Inkjet cartridges (in a zip lock baggie)
These items are NOT ACCEPTED for recycling:
- Plastic bags
- Pizza boxes (they are greasy, non-greasy lids are fine)
- Frozen food containers that have the food embedded in the
- Yard Waste
- Plastic without the recycling symbol
- Foil wrapping paper or ribbons
- Paper Plate, napkins, tissues
- Potato chip bags
- Pet food bags
- Waxy milk containers
- Any container that once held motor oil.
- Plastic bags, even with a recycling symbol #1-#7
- Styrofoam, even with a recycling symbol #1-#7
Please cut down cardboard boxes so that they fit inside your can and come out easily when emptied and please also remember to rinse any food containers (milk jugs, soup cans, yogurt containers, etc.)
Brochures are available in our office or you can print this recycling handout.
- Weekly collection of curbside recycling for the Christmas holidays will begin Thursday December 26, 2013 and will end on Tuesday January 7, 2014.