Burn Permits


Fires (Campfires)

Recreational fires are outdoor fires with a total fuel area less then 3 feet in diameter and less than 2 feet in height for pleasure, religious, ceremonial, cooking, warmth, or similar purposes.

Permits are not needed, however the following criteria is required: (Logan Municipacampfirel Code 8.04.05)

  • Recreational fires are prohibited when the Utah Clearing Index for Utah Air Shed #4 is less than 500. (Clearing Index Link)
  • Recreational fires are prohibited when the Bear River Health Department has issued a Red or Yellow air quality.(Air Quality Link)
  • Recreational fires are limited to 2 fires per week.

Recreational fires shall be located at least 25 feet away from any structures or combustible materials (garage, fence, shed, etc).  The only fuels allowed for recreational fires are clean, dry wood (no garbage, tires, etc).  Recreational fires shall be constantly attended by an adult until the fire has been completely extinguished.

ag burn


Open Burning in Logan City
(Burning of weeds, trees and other yard materials.)

Logan City does not allow open burning within the city limits, except for the Irrigation Companies. Between March 30th and May 30th and again between September 15th and October 30th, the Irrigation companies may request an open burn permit to burn the weeds and other vegetation along the canal banks.  Permits are issued by the State Department of Air Quality (DAQ), at this link. http://air.utah.gov/OpenBurning/form/index.php

Agricultural permits shall be obtained from the State Department of Air Quality (DAQ), at this link: http://air.utah.gov/OpenBurning/form/index.php