Commercial & Industrial Lighting Program
Commercial Lighting Incentive Program Incentives
Interior & Exterior Lighting
LED Lighting only (includes TLED)
$.10/kwh annual energy savings
- Incentives apply to retrofit applications only
- Application period begins July 1 of each year. Applications will be taken on a first come, first served basis.
- To be eligible for the incentives listed, the new lighting system must use less energy than the existing lighting system replaced as determined by Logan City Light and Power
- Customer must complete all projects by June 30, 2019 or they will forfeit their application and any resulting incentive.
- Customer may only apply for one rebate per fiscal year (July 1-June 30).
- Incentives are capped 20% of total project cost (labor + materials) with a lifetime maximum of $30,000 and are not available to reduce the simple payback below one year
- Complete fixture removals are not eligible for an incentive
- Customer must submit a letter of intent to City of Logan along with an incentive worksheet.
- Customer must obtain a pre-inspection from an agent of Logan City Light & Power at the point they are ready to move forward on a project. Pre-inspection does not guarantee an incentive.
- Customer must complete a post-inspection, provide itemized invoices for labor and materials, and a W-9 before incentive will be paid to customer
- It is the responsibility of the Customer to calculate future energy savings at their facility
- Actual incentives will be determined solely by Logan City representatives based on inspections and final invoices from contractors.
For more information, please call 435-716-9792 or email the coordinator. It is our preference if you work with a lighting specialist to file the appropriate paperwork, but it is not required.
All rebates & incentives will come in the form of a CHECK.
Funding is limited and based on a first come, first served basis.
Step 1: File a letter of intent and a pending application with Logan City Environmental Department’s Conservation Coordinator. You can access the letter of intent here. Please contact Logan City Environmental Department's Conservation coordinator for an application.
Step 2: A pre-retrofit inspection will be scheduled with you, the individual you have chosen from the lighting specialist list, and an employee of Logan City Environmental Department. At this time, Logan City Environmental Department will verify the information submitted on the pending application. This inspection MUST take place BEFORE ANY WORK BEGINS.
Step 3: A post-retrofit inspection will take place as soon as the lighting retrofit installation is complete. Much like the pre-retrofit inspection, an appointment will be scheduled with Logan City and your chosen lighting specialist to perform the inspection. This inspection must take place prior to receiving an incentive from Logan City.
At this point we need:
-- Copies of all invoices for materials and labor for the retrofit
-- A W-9
Step 4: If all installations are complete and the post-retrofit inspection goes well, Logan City will mail a check in aproximately 6 to 8 weeks after all appropriate materials have been recieved in our office.