Small Claims


coinsThe Small Claims Court is designed to settle monetary legal issues and problems arising from contractual, service disputes and other claims. Small Claims Court cannot be used to evict a tenant, to recover possession of property or to enforce an injunction. The maximum amount you may sue for in a small claims action is $11,000. Small Claims court is less formal and you do not need an attorney to represent you. The Cache County Bar provides free legal assistance on the second Thursday of each month from 5:30 to 7:30 PM.

Small Claims Hearings begin promptly at 9:00 AM on Mondays. When arriving for court, please check in with the Court Clerk before entering the Courtroom. Proper attire is required in the Courtroom. No cell phones, food, drink or gum chewing are allowed in the Courtroom. Mediators are available at no charge to the parties on Mondays at 9:00 AM.

Per the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accom- modations during the proceeding should call the Court at least three (3) working days prior to the proceeding. Free child care is available with The Family Support Center if needed while attending the proceeding. Please call (435) 752-8880.

Small Claims forms are available at the Logan Justice Court Clerk Office. Printed Small Claims Information & Instruction Manual available for free at 
(These forms should be used for reference only. Contact your local court for a copy of the forms used in that court.)

The Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) allows those on active military duty to postpone or suspend certain civil judicial proceedings. 50 U.S.C. App. 501 - 596. The SCRA also provides protection in the areas of financial management such as rental agreements, security deposits, eviction, installment contracts, credit card interest rates, mortgages, and income tax payments. The Hill Air Force Base website provides additional information about the SCRA.

For Military Affidavit instructions and Forms

Military Service Affidavit - PDF Word
Military Service Order - PDF Word

Some case types require verification that you have checked to see whether the opposing party in your case is on active military duty. Use the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act website to determine if someone is on active military duty.

Civil Filing Fees