Right of Way Information
INSURANCE AND BOND REQUIREMENTS
The Contracting party shall procure and maintain for the duration of the contract insurance and bonds against claims or liability which arises out of or in connection with the performance of the work hereunder by the Contracting party, his agents, representatives, employees or subcontractors. The cost of such insurance and bonds shall be included in the Contracting party's bid or proposal.
MINIMUM LIMITS OF INSURANCEContracting party shall maintain limits not less than:
- GENERAL LIABILITY: $2,000,000 combined single limit per occurrence, personal injury and
property damage, $3,000,000 aggregate. Broad Form Commercial General Liability is required. (ISO
1993 or better) to include Products - Comp/OP aggregate of $3,000,000. Limits to apply to this project
- PROFESSIONAL LIABILITY: $1,000,000 per occurrence, $2,000,000 aggregate
coverage is required.
- AUTOMOBILE LIABILITY: $1,000,000 per occurrence. "Any Auto" coverage is required.
- WORKERS' COMPENSATION and EMPLOYERS LIABILITY: Workers' Compensation
statutory limits as required by the Workers Compensation Act of the State of Utah and Employers
Liability limits at a minimum of$1,OOO,OOO per occurrence.
- PAYMENT and PERFORMANCE BONDS: If this is a construction contract, Contracting party
shall provide payment and performance bonds in a form acceptable to the City and in the full amount of
- DEDUCTIBLES AND SELF-INSURED RETENTIONS
Any deductibles or self-insured retention exceeding 5% of the policy limits must be declared to and approved by Logan City. At the option of Logan City, either (I) the insurer may be required to reduce or eliminate such deductibles or self-insured retention as respects Logan City, its officers, officials and employees; or (2) the Contracting party may be required to procure a bond guaranteeing payment of losses and related investigations, claim distribution and defense expenses.
- NOTICE OF INCIDENT OR ACCIDENT
Contracting party shall agree to promptly disclose to Logan City, all incidents or occurrences of accident, injury, and/or property damage covered by the insurance policy or policies.
- OTHER INSURANCE PROVISIONS
The policies are to contain, or be endorsed to contain, the following provisions:
- General Liability and Automobile Liability Coverages
- Logan City. its officers, officials, employees and volunteers are to be covered as an additional insureds as respects: liability arising out of activities performed by or on behalf of the contracting party; products and completed operations of the Contracting party; premises owned, leased, hired or borrowed by the Contracting party. The coverage shall contain no special limitations on the scope of protection afforded to Logan City, its officers, officials, employees or volunteers.
- The Contracting party's insurance coverage shall be a primary insurance as respects to Logan City, its officers, officials, employees and volunteers. Any insurance or self-insurance maintained by Logan City, its officers, officials, employees or volunteers shall be in excess of the Contracting party's insurance and shall not contribute with it.
- Any failure to comply with reporting provisions of the policies shall not affect coverage provided to Logan City, its officers, officials, employees or volunteers.
- The Contracting party's insurance shall apply separately to each insured against whom claim is made or suit is brought, except with respects to the limits of the insurer's liability.
- All Coverages
Each insurance policy required by this clause shall be endorsed to state that coverage shall not be suspended, voided, canceled by either party. reduced in coverage or in limits except after thirty (30) days' prior written notice by certified mail, return receipt requested, has been given to Logan City.
- ACCEPTABILITY OF INSURERS
Insurance and bonds are to be placed with insurers admitted in the State of Utah with an A. M. Best
rating of not less than A-: IX, and in the limits as listed in this document, unless approved by the City's
- VERIFICATION OF COVERAGE
Contracting party shall furnish Logan City with certificates of insurance and with original endorsements
effecting coverage required by this clause. The certificates and endorsements are to be signed by a
person authorized by that insurer to bind coverage on its behalf. The certificates and endorsements are
to be on forms acceptable to Logan City before work commences. Logan City reserves the right to
require complete, certified copies of all required insurance policies, with all endorsements, at any time.
Contracting party shall include all subcontractors as insureds under its policies or shall furnish separate
certificates and endorsements for each subcontractor. All coverages for subcontractors shall be subject
to all of the requirements stated herein.