Welcome to the Building Department
** Temporary Building Inspection Guidelines during COVID-19 **
Effective July 1, 2019, the State of Utah adopted the following statewide codes:
- 2018 International Building Code (IBC)
- 2015 International Residential Code (IRC)
- 2018 International Mechanical Code (IMC)
- 2018 International Plumbing Code (IPC)
- 2018 International Fuel Gas Code (IFGC)
- 2018 International Energy Conservation Code (IECC)
- 2017 National Electrical Code (NEC) remains in effect.
Did you know???
Did you know that building permits are required for replacing or adding the following:
- Furnaces & Air Conditioning Units
- Gas Lines
- Water Heaters
- Electrical Service Upgrades
- Additions & Remodels
- Electrical, Mechanical, or Plumbing work
Go to the Apply for Permit page for information on permits, applications, and the review process.
The Building Department's responsibilities:
- To enforce adopted building codes and standards in Logan City
- To approve plans and issue permits for new construction, remodels, additions, demolitions, accessory structures, etc.
- To make routine and scheduled inspections during construction
- To enforce State of Utah licensing laws regarding contractors, engineers, architects, etc.
- To conduct business license inspections
The Building Department has gone DIGITAL!
Choose the application that applies to your project from the Forms & Applications page. Keep in mind that each application will have different submittal requirements.
See the Residential Plan Submittal Checklist for the requirements for submitting an application for a new home. Refer the Commercial Plan Submittal Checklist for the requirements on a new commercial building application.
The Logan City Building Department will only accept DIGITAL plans (except under special circumstances); send the application and plans to firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the review process.